Friday, January 7, 2011

Bring it on Friday!

Reform - Day 5 and I've got my dukes up.  Ready for anything.  I feel great today.  I've been eating and drinking well all week (Monday - today) and I can feel the difference.  I'm less moody, a whole lot more energetic, and heck...I actually feel good enough to put the laundry away without complaining.  HA!  Since when has that ever happened?!  I'm sure Bryan would say it's never happened... He's probably right.  There's a first time for everything though! 

Natalie did her school lesson the hard way today.  She was having one of those difficult whiny mornings.  I had to repeat instructions to her constantly and eventually it started wearing on my nerves.  She normally doesn't act like that.  She loves doing her school lessons.  I got to the point where I had no choice but to break out a piece of paper and start tallying every time I had to repeat something more than twice (which landed her in timeout a minute for every tally).  I always break her lessons down and do them piece by piece.  One step at a time.  I do it to make sure I'm not overwhelming her.  This morning all she wanted to do was slump in her chair and have an attitude about having to practice writing her capital and lowercase L while Allyson got to draw with the color wonder markers.  Well yeah...her sister's activity was a lot more fun than hers, but she could join in with her sister when she finished.  Or at least that's what I told her...nope...she didn't care.  She just wanted to pout.  Her pouting cost her a few minutes on the stairs after she finally finished her lesson.  I asked her if she wanted to do another lesson today and she quickly turned that down...guess she was afraid she'd spend more time on the stairs.  Lol.  I have a hunch she'll be a lot more inclined to do her lesson on Monday.

CamelBak® Octane XCT™ Hydration Pack

Picture courtesy of gandermountain.com

I'm taking today off from the gym.  Gasp!  Yeah...the plan is 5 days a week...not 7.  Taking tonight off because I'm going running with Bryan at Rosaryville tomorrow.  The plan is to do a 10 mile loop and see how I feel afterward.  More than likely I won't be running the entire thing, but I'm going to go as far as I can.  As much as my knees seem to dislike trail running, I love it.  It's peaceful in the woods and I get to do it with Bryan.  With his work schedule being as crazy as it is, we don't get to do a whole lot together.  So this is what we do.  We go running.  It'll be a good two to three hours of alone time.  I'll make sure I'm well prepared for pain.  Take my medicine with us in the Camelbak.  The picture shown here is similar to the one we have.  It doesn't look big, but there is tons of space for storing things like extra socks, snacks, and medicines.  Plus it holds 70 oz of water.  That's more than your daily recommended intake.  This one is on sale right now at Gander Mountain (online only).  They're nice to have when you go on long runs.  By long I mean more than 5 miles.  We took ours to the Potomac Heritage Trail 50k run (where I sprained my knee) and to the Magnus Gluteus Maximus 50k (I actually finished this one).  They're both trail runs and both very grueling, but still extremely fun.  Being in the woods running reminded me of living in Smithville when I was a kid.  We used to run around the woods all the time.

Anyway, here's today's daily food and exercise journal post.  I was going to take today off, but Bryan and I didn't really feel like playing World of Warcraft tonight so we decide to do some exercise at home.  This is where getting the P90X and the games for the Wii really come in handy.

Food
Breakfast- Kix, 1 medium (guessing.  i weighed mine after slicing it) Fugi apple, coffee (no sugar, 2 TBS creamer)  (320 calories)
Snack- Veggie crisps, V8 (THE easiest way to get a serving of veggies in) (130 calories)
Lunch- 2 turkey dogs on bread (100% whole grain whole wheat) with spicy brown mustard, cheddar pringles, 1/2 grapefruit, v8 (400 calories)
Snack- mint cookies, coffee (170 calories)
Dinner- Turkey tacos (made with reduced sodium taco seasoning, whole wheat 96% fat free tortillas, lettuce, tomato, organic salsa, light sour cream and cheese) (505 calories)

Total Food Calories = 1,525

Exercise
Ab Ripper X (P90X)  15:00 mins  200 cals burned
Cardio Boxing (2 20 minute sessions of defense and blocking)  40:00 mins  250 cals burned

Total Exercise Calories =450
Total Deficit 1/7/2011 = 2,100-1,525+450 = 1,025 calories burned

Tip of the day: When going to the gym, wear the proper clothes.  Clothes that breathe will keep you dryer.  Cotton is a no no for hardcore, gonna sweat your tushie off, workouts.  Polyester and nylon are good.  Any material that says it's wicking it's good.  It pulls moisture away from your body so you aren't left feeling wet and cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment