Monday, January 10, 2011

Reform - Week 1 down!!



I busted my tail all week (except for yesterday because it was my day off).  Sorry, I didn't warn anyone that I wasn't going to be blogging over the weekend.  But, I can still give a recap of this past weekend's events!  

Saturday it snowed about a half an inch at most so Bryan and I trudged on out to Rosaryville State Park.  I'm glad I have cold weather gear.  Wore my Under Armour compression pants, my Danskin gym pants over top of those, a blue tank (gift from my aunt for Christmas), my wicking compression long sleeve shirt over that, and a Danskin tee over that, my Under Armour socks (so glad to have those socks!), trail shoes, my running jacket (Champion), and my Under Armour headband (covers my ears) and gloves.  I was toasty, lol.  

We jogged probably the first two miles and then slowed down to a 3.5-4.0 mph walk.  Not much of a slow down really, but you can't burn calories sitting still.  Throughout the nine miles we jogged and walked more.  I don't really know exactly how much of it I ran, but I tried to keep it light for my knees.  I was worried about how I would feel in the afternoon, but it turned out I was fantastic!  I only had a few knee pains on the trail and I took some medication for that to keep it from getting worse.  I was surprised it didn't flare up later that afternoon while I was sitting down.  That makes me happy.  I burned about 1,100 calories on that run.  Trail running is serious business.  You are constantly going up and down hills.  It takes a lot of effort.

Anyway...after the run we came home and got cleaned up.  I think I pretty much ruined my gym pants.  They had mud and ice caked to the bottom.  By the time we made it to the end of the trail I was pretty irritated with them.  I'll know not to wear those the next time we go running because they stretched and started to drag the ground and eventually starting getting caught over my shoes.  I was so mad with them I was threatening to pull them off in the middle of the woods and leave em, lol.  BUT!  I'm not comfortable enough to be running around in my compression pants like a lot of other people do.  Still a little too much junk in my trunk to expose the rest of the world to.  The junk is leaving though!

This week has been a very productive week, diet and exercise wise.  With all my hard work, I've managed to lose 4.8 lbs.  My goal was 2 lbs, but hey...who's complaining!  I'm thrilled actually!  I'm only 6.8 lbs away from what I was when Bryan and I got married and what I weighed when I graduated high school.  For me that's exciting.  

We went out to eat Saturday night.  Took my sister to Red Robin since she's never been.  It was awesome and sooo worth the calories I ate.  Besides...my sister had never been and it's one of our kids' favorite restaurants.  We HAD to take her.  And even with the calories I ate that night, I lost nearly 5 lbs in a week.  That brings me to my tip.  Actually...you're getting a bonus today.  Two tips in one post!  These two go together and they are equally important.

Tip of the day:  Take one day out of the week to eat a meal that isn't on your diet plan.  Just one meal, something you really love in a reasonable amount.  You don't need to give up all of the foods you love.  
Tip #2 of the day:  Don't make your day off from exercise the same day you decide to eat something off of your diet.  Eat well on the day you decide to take off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment