Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm back!

It's been a little while since i last posted anything.  A lot has been happening around here and it's been throwing me off just a bit.  My husband's schedule has been all messed up, which in turn is messing mine up.  Last night, I was awake until 4am.  Ridiculous right?!  It's awful.  What's worse is that Bryan wasn't working.  I've been staying up so late because he does work a lot of nights and I don't fall asleep easily when he's not home.  Don't "awwwww" me...I don't wanna hear it!  I wanna sleep!!  I admit that last night was the latest that I've stayed up.  The only plus side is that I finished my book!  It's called The Killing Dance by Laurell K. Hamilton.  It's book 6 in a 19 or 20 book series.  I'm not sure about the last book yet.  It's still an Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novel, but it isn't listed on the others as part of the series.  
Dabel Brothers/Marvel Comics depiction of Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter
BUT! That doesn't really have anything to do with my exercise blog...

I went to the doctor recently to get myself updated on my breathing medication and other things.  I explained to him that I was doing a lot of exercise and running and what symptoms I was suffering from.  Doctor put me on steroids...blah!  So on top of the vitamins (oh! I finally did pick out my multi-horsepill...I mean vitamin...) and the other stuff I have to take, now I'm puffing an inhaler twice a day.  Yippy.  As if I don't have enough to remember.  I do have to say I'm glad the doctor prescribed it.  When I went to take my breathing test they said my inhale and exhale rate was over 100% for my height/weight.  Woo!  

Running indoors is still fairly easy although, I haven't done any running in the last week or two.  My knees are bothering me pretty bad, so I've switched to low impact cardio for a while.  That includes bike riding and walking uphill.  I've also been doing some stair climbing.  I have a harder time with my chest closing up climbing stairs than I do running.  I'm not really sure why, but I do.  

Bryan's got me doing a couple of challenges with him.  One is the 100 pushup challenge and the other is the 200 situp challenge.  Yeah...it's crazy.  Here are the links.


So far I'm up to doing day 2 of the 2nd week, third row.


Same thing for this too.

Today...

I did a fat burn walk on the treadmill for 60 minutes.  I also did the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred with my sister.  I really applaud her effort.  Although there was a lot of giggling and joke making going on...she did the whole workout and put everything she had into it.  She's doing great and I'm glad she considers me a great supporter to her. 

3 comments:

  1. That jillian michaels thing is great, and I wish I could still do it. But, after I hurt my knee that last time doing it the doc said absolutely no. I'm having such a freaking hard time to find a really good low low impact exercise so I dont need that knee replacement NOW. Having no meniscus sucks!!!! WAY TO GO MOMMA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try a "sit back" bike. I call them cross country, but I'm not sure if that's what they are. But they're low impact and they have some good programs on them that will work up a sweat. Plus it's easier to control the intensity. You can change the levels to suit you.

    ReplyDelete