Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Learned a HARSH Lesson...

Similar Model
Oh, I did...wanna know what it was?  It's simply this...stairs...are a beast.  No joke.  I thought I was going to die after 5 minutes on the stair machine at the gym today...but I think I'm in love...weird right?  Yeah.  I know.  

So what happened is this...I decided that today wasn't a good day for running.  The lower part of the back of my left calf is hurting.  I think I over extended myself Saturday running the 10k.  No biggie.  It's just a bit sore.  Bryan wanted to run 6 miles today so I told him I would walk until he stopped running.  Incline walk, that is.  After 30 minutes of that I started to get bored.  Partially because my headphones didn't fit and I gave Bryan his back so I had no iPod to listen to...and I had to watch Veggie Tales with the kids.  The kids love it, but there's only so many times an adult can watch the SAME show before they start to get annoyed.  So anyway, I had been checking this stair master type machine out for a while.  It's pretty cool looking.  It actually has stairs that rotate similar to an escalator.  I figured I would try it out.  Oye, was I asking for it.  My legs don't like the stairs much in my own house, but walking up stairs for 5 minutes straight was a burn in my thighs and chest like no other.  75 stairs per minute was what I was doing.  I was huffing and puffing and half dying when I hopped off.  But my legs feel good.  I think it's just what I need to incorporate a couple days a week.  It'll help shape my legs and hopefully improve my breathing.  That'll help me when I do longer runs!  In 5 minutes I burned 50+ calories.  Awesome! 

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm sorry it was so hard on you but happy you got some good results! :) I agree - watching the same kids show over and over will start to burn a hole in your head, lol!

    http://neutrakris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete