Sunday, October 10, 2010

So Far in October...

We are having a great month!  And by great...I mean it stinks!  Bryan's working nonstop and his hours are beyond ridiculous.  We were told that after the first year you start getting used to it...used to what?  There's no schedule!  How are you supposed to get used to it?  BAH!  It's really hard to keep any type of schedule like this.  We can't plan any family events.  Can't really give  notice when we're visiting the parents because we don't even know if we're going to make it or not.  To sum it up...we hate it.  There...I said it...and I don't care if anyone doesn't like it!  HA! 

So anyway...

We already got the girls' Halloween costumes for this year.  Here's a sneak preview of what's planned for this year...
Natalie the Nurse!
Allyson the Cheerleader!
Kaelyn the Fairy

 Natalie was originally going to be Rainbow Dash (a blue My Little Pony with rainbow colored hair for those who don't have girls around this age), but they didn't have the costume in her size.  So when we were surfing the web for a few one she saw a nurse costume and decided that was the way to go!  Allyson has had her costume picked out since probably the end of August.  She knew exactly what she wanted to be and she wasn't going to be swayed away from it.  So she got what she wanted...a pink cheerleader!  I debated back and forth between this fairy costume and a half angel/half devil costume for Kaelyn.  The second one suits her personality, right down to the evil little horns, lol.  But I decided to get her the fairy instead.  She's a cutie patootie either way.  We decided not to torture Melody this year, but here's a cute picture of her anyway!
Melody playing in the saucer!

 She's not quite big enough for a costume...although I did contemplate putting her in a little butterfly costume.  It was a tough decision.  In the end we figured, she's not trick-or-treating like the older ones so there's no need to dress her up.  Besides...I don't want to have to carry around a fly swatter to swat at random people I don't know because they were trying to touch my baby...hmm...not a bad idea...might carry one around anyway!  lol.  People are always trying to touch her...whether she's dressed up or not.  Irritates me. 

Oh oh!  Bryan's been in the kitchen again!  I don't have any pictures of the pumpkin pie, but I do have one of the pumpkin roll.  Don't mind the mountain of powdered sugar on top...that was an accident...my bad, lol.

Pumpkin Roll
Yes, I know...there's a lot of sugar on top.  I didn't realize when I put the sugar in the sifter that it was going to dump out that fast.  So it looks like a snowy mountain.  At least it's a good tasting snowy mountain!  The pumpkin roll is awesome and it really wasn't that difficult to make.  Next time we're going to wrap it a little tighter so it'll stay a bit more round and less triangle-ish.  It was round until I cut it anyway!

Update on Pepper!  She's now a picture of perfect health!  Her loving personality has blossomed.  She's more like a kitten now.  So much more playful and still likes to be in your lap all the time.  She's still a little small, but she's getting there.  For a while, she was having problems gaining any weight.  I'm glad she's okay.  I probably would have cried if we couldn't save her.  Pepper's come a long way!

So on that note, I am signing off! 

2 comments:

  1. Amg I want a piece of that pumpkin roll! Bryan makes me look like such the baking novice... :(

    http://neutrakris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's been practicing alot. We've pretty much got the pumpkin pie down to an art. Only made the roll once, but it really is good. The kids ate it up!

    ReplyDelete