Wednesday, September 29, 2010

FFCS

 Lately, when we are going out for the afternoon (or whenever), we've been packing a lunchbox full of healthy snacks.  BUT!!  We do have kids and the reality is that when we are getting them ready and out the door we forget the snacks...it happens!  Especially when you have four girls, lol.  They almost always get hungry when we're out.  So I've decided to do a series of "Cheat Sheets" for fast food restaurants.  This is the first installment (and a child favorite)...
Fast Food Cheat Sheet

McDonalds


Breakfast
  • English Muffin--150 Cals, 2g Fat, 2g Fiber, 5g Protein
  • Jam (grape or strawberry)-35 Cals
  • Egg McMuffin--290 Cals, 11g Fat, 2g Fiber, 17g Protein
  • Fruit n Yogurt Parfait (without granola)--130 Cals, 2g Fat, 4g Protein
Lunch & Dinner
  • Chicken Nuggets (6 piece)--250 Cals, 15g Fat, 15g Protein
  • Bacon Ranch Salad with Grilled Chicken--250 Cals, 9g Fat, 3g Fiber,31g Protein
  • Caesar Chicken Salad--210 Cals, 6g Fat, 3g Fiber, 28g Protein
Beverages
  • 1% Milk--100 Cals, 2.5g Fat, 8g Protein
  • Apple Juice--100 Cals, 0g Fat
  • Dasani Water (we all know there's nothing in water)
  • Iced Tea
Dessert
  • Kiddie Cone--45 Cals, 1g Fat, 1g Protein
  • Apple Dippers with Caramel--100 Cals, 1g Fat

* You'll probably notice that most of the things I choose to put on my cheat sheets are made from poultry.  Chicken is much leaner than beef.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! And you didn't forget dessert! :p

    My daughter adores those apple dippers. She prefers them to fries and I couldn't be more thrilled about that! Whenever I eat at McD's I always get their nuggets.

    Thanks so much for the cheat sheet! I hope to see more of these :D Could you do one for Applebee's? We go there a lot. Thanks!

    http://neutrakris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! I'll start researching now and make Applebees my next post!

    ReplyDelete