Monday, September 6, 2010

Woooooohoooooo!!!

I know I said I wasn't going to weigh myself more than once a week, but I just couldn't resist stepping on the scale Sunday morning.  I finally cracked the 170 plateau I was stuck at for weeks!  0.7 lbs isn't that big of a deal for most people, but it's a HUGE deal for me.  I'm hoping to drop 10 lbs before the run on the 26th.  I won't be disappointed if I don't, but I would definitely be elated!  160 would put me only 10 lbs away from my graduating weight in high school.  That isn't my goal, but it's a milestone I guess you could say.  

I've discovered I have a new love.  Believe it or not, I love running.  Bryan and I have been trying to go everyday to run a little so I can get into better shape for the Navy five miler coming up.  I finished a 5 mile run on the track in 73 minutes Saturday night.  I only walked three of the 20 laps.  I don't think I can even explain how empowering it feels to be able to accomplish something like that after being so out of shape for so many years.  On top of that I accomplished it with Asthma!  So, the way I look at it is this...I just finished 5 miles in 73 minutes after giving birth to four children, suffering from asthma since I was a senior in high school, AND being 50 lbs overweight.  It's amazing!  Oh, and endorphins really do make you feel happy.  I was giddy for the rest of the night, lol.  

So anyway...I ran again today with Bryan.  Two miles today.  That's eight laps and I only walked a fraction of one.  I'm trying hard to get better.  I don't want to quit.  I really enjoy running.  The thing that makes it better is that Bryan loves running.  He can run a whole lot longer than I can, but that doesn't matter.  He's so supportive and stays with me at my pace the whole time.  I love being able to do something that he loves with him.  

169.5 and dropping!

No comments:

Post a Comment