Monday, September 6, 2010

This Past Weekend

Nothing overly exciting happened this weekend.  My sister came to visit...actually she's still here.  She's leaving tonight.  Hopefully the roads aren't jammed packed for her on the way back to the eastern shore.  We've pretty much goofed around the whole weekend.  There isn't much else to do is there? Bryan and I made a chocolate cheesecake Saturday night, but we didn't get to taste it until the next morning.  It has to sit in the refrigerator before you can eat it.  Bryan made chocolate chip pancakes (homemade buttermilk pancakes) for breakfast Sunday.  They were amazing!  He's awesome in the kitchen, but he won't admit it.  He also made some candy apple jelly.  (We know what we're giving as gifts for Christmas this year).  We also made cookies.  Tons and tons of cookies.  It just so happens that more than half of those tons of cookies have already been devoured, lol.  These cookies are sooo yummy.  Especially if you like Andes Mints.  They remind me of Girl Scout thin mints.  Bryan and I have also been making our own applesauce lately.  We started out with a recipe, but we don't follow it anymore.  We've made our own that has a minimal amount of sugar in it.  Brown sugar, not white.  We're gonna try to get our next apples from an orchard.  We want to make a large amount that will last a while.  The last batch we made yielded 2 quart size jars and 5 pint size jars.  That lasted about a week, lol.  

For dinner lastnight we had chicken cordon bleu.  I thought everyone was gonna start fighting over the last piece, lol.  It was delicious. 


Anyway...completely off of the topic of food.  One of my best friends has a blog and she pointed out a video that I believe every woman should watch.  Everyone from the age of 13 and up.  These days so many girls are trying so hard to look like the models they see in magazines or on billboards.  Model Evolution with Makeup and Photoshop  After you see this you ask yourself why?  Girls don't know that they're striving to be something that isn't even real.  It's computer altered!  Believe in yourselves ladies!  You are all beautiful just the way you are.  Thank you Kristen for posting the link so I could see it.

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely welcome! Thank you for watching! I hope you're making little extras in the kitchen for me to try... so I can take pics and brag about the tastiness to my lovelies on my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to make another batch of cookies and send them to you. They really are as good as they sound. Unfortunately they're really addictive...so you'll find yourself out of cookies really quickly, lol.

    ReplyDelete