Friday, September 10, 2010

Guess What I Can Do!!

I can run three miles straight (on the treadmill) WITHOUT my inhaler!  Woohoo!  That's a a 4.0 mph pace.  I do have short legs afterall...I'm only 5' 3 (and 3/4)" tall.  I didn't realize that I hadn't taken my inhaler until I was about a mile and a half into my run yesterday.  I figured if I was still breathing well after than long that maybe I could do it without my inhaler.  I did it!  I'm gonna push it out a little farther until I can do five miles.  Then I'll work on speeding up and running farther still after that.

I've already got my sites set on what I want to participate in next year.  Bryan and I are going to do the Air Force Marathon together.  I'm not sure how far I'm going to choose to go yet, but I would really like to finish the whole thing.  I've got a year to prepare myself for it so, why not!  That's not the only thing though.  We also want to do the 60 mile breast cancer walk.  I want to participate in a lot of things, but these are the ones we've chosen so far.

Next weekend is our first charity event.  We're doing the Alzheimer's walk next weekend in Waldorf.  Still accepting donations!  Donate here!  I'm thanking my sister's boyfriend in advance.  He is willingly coming up here to watch the girls while we're gone.  The girls love him and he's great with them.

1 comment: