Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why?

I'm going to list for you the reasons why I am exercising to lose weight.  In descending order...

7.  To finish a marathon.  A marathon is 26 miles and I fully intend to finish my first next year.  I'm going to take this year to train for it.  So far, so good.

6.  To participate in something bigger than myself.  I want to participate in something that benefits others.  Whether it's to raise money or just to raise awareness about something.  This weekend I'm doing the Alzheimer's walk in Waldorf.  Next weekend I'm doing the Navy 5 Miler for force support and morale.  Next September I intend to participate in the Air Force Marathon with Bryan.  The year after that Bryan and I are planning to attend the Disney World Marathon.

5.  To set an example for others.  To be an inspiration.  I want others to see that it's not as hard as people make it seem.  If you're willing to put in a little effort, then YES it is possible.  I'm a  26 year old, asthmatic,  stay at home mom with four beautiful little girls.  If I can do it...anyone else can too.

4.  To prove a point.  Asthma should NOT hold you back.  Don't let it.  I'm not. 

3.  To spend quality time with my husband doing something we both enjoy.  We hardly have any time together anymore.  Being able to go for a run or go to the gym together is great.  I love having him there with me.  Bryan's very supportive.

2.  To set a positive example for my children.  This one is obviously already working.  When my children tell me they'd rather have an apple than potato chips...I feel accomplished.  I know I've taught them something good.  They look up to me.  It's my responsibility to be around for them when they need it.  I'll do whatever it takes to be there for them.

1.  For me.  Above all, I do this for myself.  I want to be the best that I possibly can.  I want to be proud of me.  When I look in the mirror, I want to feel accomplished.

There you have it.  These are my reasons.  What are yours? 

1 comment: