Friday, September 24, 2010

Oh...eww...

Today hasn't really been our ideal day. 

First, we had to take the kitten to the vet for worm treatment.  Now, this isn't something she got from around here.  We took her in as a stray and so far we've shelled out over $350.00 to patch her up.  We had to buy pet insurance for her, otherwise it would have been nearly $600.00.  She's a loving little kitty.  A little purr box and most definitely a lap baby.  She's so tiny that you don't realize she's even sitting in your lap sometimes...that is until you get up and dump her in the floor.  She's sweet though.  And now she's a permanent member of the family.  *For those who don't know...worms grow from fleas that have been ingested.  So it's very important to keep up with your pet's flea/tick prevention medication.*

So...we're on the way to the vet's office...we get about 5 minutes away and I  turn around to see Kaelyn vomit all over herself.  GREAT!  Just wonderful!  Normally, when she's got a stomach ache she starts whining and crying.  Not today.  She didn't even seem to care.  She looked at me and said "Eww mommy, I make a mess."  So when we got to the vet's office, Bryan had to take Natalie and Allyson in with him.  I cleaned Kae up and took her and Mel over to Ross to get a new outfit for her.  $8.50 and a mild headache later, we walk out of Ross with a new outfit.  I don't like the Ross here.  I'm sure others are much better, but the one here in Waldorf is a mess.  The clothes are all mixed up (size wise) and on the worst fitting hangers.  I'd never put a shirt that was size 3T on an adult hanger.  It just doesn't make sense.  It stretches the shirt out and who wants to buy it after that?  Not to mention you're looking for a specific size and you can't rely on the tag on the hanger.  Size 6 on a 3T hanger in the 3T section...annoying.  I have a child with a half wet shirt from all the baby wipes it took to clean her up and I'm trying to find her something fast!  So yeah...headache...and an overly cheerful child for having just been sick all over herself!

AND...to top off our day out...we stopped to get air in the tires for the van.  First there was a woman parked in 2 parking spots blocking the whole pump...rude much?!  Then when I went inside to get change for the air pump the guy behind the counter tells me I'll have to wait until the drawer is opened.  Fine...that's okay...I understand that.  But what I don't understand is that the same woman blocking the pump comes in and pushes herself in front of me and throws her dollar on the counter demanding change...hello lady!...what's your problem?!  The woman had NO manners.  So when the drawer is open she grabs her change and rushes outside like she doesn't want us to use the pump before her.  Well that's whatever.  I got a good laugh watching her waste her dollar trying to figure out how to use the air pump.  Then she turns to Bryan and asks him to check her tire pressure to see if there's any air going into her tire.  I could have told her no from the beginning.  She had NO idea what she was doing.  So being the nice person that he is...Bryan tried to help her.  But there was no helping her.  Something was wrong with the valve stem on her tire.  Not something Bryan could fix.  

Now...what got to me about this woman...I mean besides her rude demeanor...is that here she is in her beautiful Escalade, pretty summer dress, nails (both hands and feet) done up nice, with nice sandals on...but the woman didn't shave her legs?!  That's just gross.  Not that I was trying to look at her legs, but I was on the ground playing with the caps on the tires waiting for her.  I turned around when she asked for Bryan's help and BAM...she's right in my space.  Eww...just eww.

So that's been the kind of day I've had.  Just lovely!  Lol.  But, there is a silver lining...Bryan convinced me to go to Red Robin for lunch.  Oh...my...burger heaven!  It was the first time I'd ever been and it was great.  Totally off of the diet, but you have to treat yourself every once in a while.  The food was just delicious.  I'd give it more than 2 thumbs up if I had more thumbs, lol.  Of course, Kaelyn dumped over a glass of water onto the table, but that wasn't a big deal.  We had a great meal.  We enjoyed ourselves, the kids had a great time.  So Red Robin saved our day, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully Kae is feeling better (and the kitty too). What the hell with that woman?? And really... all that effort and she couldn't even take 2 mins to shave the bottom portion of her legs? Sheesh! And after pushing you out of the way she had the nerve to ask your husband to help her?? You know what I would have done! Lol.

    I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. I'll have to try Red Robin. There's one 45 mins from where we live. Thanks for the mini-review! :D

    http://neutrakris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete