Friday, September 3, 2010

Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk & The Navy 5 Miler

 
My husband (Bryan) and I are really excited.  These are the first events that we'll be participating in.  
 
The Memory Walk that we're attending is a three mile walk.  No big deal for us because we walk all the time for family exercise.  It's relaxing.  We're excited to do it for a good cause.  Donations are welcome.  If I raise $100, I'll receive a t-shirt from the walk!  This cause is personal for me.  My husband and I are walking for a couple of very special family members of mine.  We want to do our part to raise awareness and further Alzheimer's research.


The Navy 5 miler was kinda sprung on me at the last minute...thanks honey!  I say last minute because I've only got about 3 weeks to get my lungs adjusted to running longer periods of time.  Asthma stinks.  It really does.  I'm not gonna let it hold me back though.  I want to get my name on the scoreboard.  In order for me to do that, I must finish the run in 90 minutes or less.  I ran/walked the 5 miles for the first time today on a treadmill in 72 minutes!  Now, I do understand that running on a treadmill and running on a track are VERY different.  I plan to practice on the regular track as well as the treadmill.  Wish me luck, it's not going to be easy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment