Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Overly Dramatic Children FTW!

Today pretty much went off without a hitch.  It did at least until I told Natalie she had to clean up her room before she went to bed.  Kick in phase one of the Drama Queen...UGH...I've never heard so much whining in my life.  How many times do I have to explain that if you only take out ONE type of toy at a time and put it BACK before you take out another...you'd have a WHOLE lot less to pick up at the end of the day!  Is it that hard to understand...really?  I leave her to her "room cleaning" otherwise known as her self pity party.  She whined and complained for a half hour straight, but did she pick up anything?!  NO!  I gave her a warning and told her it was the last time I was coming up to tell her to clean up her room.  Then I went back downstairs to sit with the baby for a few minutes.  Next thing I know, she's running down the stairs in hysterics (kick in phase two) and I quote..."Ooooohhhh mommy, I'm bleeding.  Ohhhh, it's a bad cut mommy."  At this point I'm leaping up off of the couch to grab the first aid kit.  Next thing you know..."Ohhhhh my life is over...it's ruined!"  I stopped and looked at her.  I told her it couldn't be that bad.  I suppose I was wrong..."Ohhhh mommy it's awful, it's dripping.  Ewww  my blood is leaking out on my toes."  (Just to remind you this is all in a fit of hysterics.  She was screaming and crying.)  By then I had already assessed the situation and come to the conclusion that no body parts were falling off, nor was there any need for stitches...and barely any need for a bandaid.  You know how you sometimes get a cut in a certain area that just bleeds alot more than other places?  Even if it's tiny?  Yeah...that's what the situation here was.  A TINY little minuscule, almost requiring a magnifying glass to even see it kinda cut where her foot bends in the front.   She kept bending it and it dripped down onto the top of her foot.  Oye...dramatic.  She tried to give me a heart attack for something that doesn't even measure to be 1/4 on an inch long!  By the time I had her bactined up and cleaned off and pulling a bandaid out of the kit...I was laughing.  I couldn't help it.  I had to show her that she was making a huge fuss over something that was so tiny.

And here I was thinking tonight was going to be boring, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I fight with London over the same stuff. I have told her equally too many times about the "take one out, put one back" strategy. She doesn't listen either. Then, tells me how unfair it is that she has to clean up the mess SHE made.... Natalie and London are two peas in a pod. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, no kidding. I get the whole "awww mommy, it'll take foreverrrrr...".

    ReplyDelete