Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Go Me!!

I am STOKED!  I'm exactly 2.0 lbs away from meeting my next goal!  Woohoo!  I'm staying really focused on my goal (my final goal).  I've set a bunch of little goals to get me there.  It helps to make the final goal seem more achievable to me. 

My knees have been feeling pretty good lately.  I haven't  been doing any running, but that's okay.  I wanted to go for a quick job today, but it started raining when we got home :(  Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow if it's not raining or snowing.  I can handle the cold.  I've got plenty of cold weather gear thanks to Bryan.  He's been the most supportive husband in the world.  Anyway...since running was nixed by the doctor, I started doing a lot of biking.  I love being able to sit down and bike 15-20 miles.  I can sit on my butt and stick my nose in a good book.  It gets me through the workout pretty easily.  A good book and my iPod.  Not sure how well I'd do without them.  I've managed to read my way through half of a new series (The Anita Blake series for those who are interested).  

In my last exercise related post I mentioned that recently I had dropped 9.9 lbs.  To update that, I'm down 12.8 lbs.  With that weight loss also came the loss of 5 inches over my body.  I'm thrilled!!  I feel fantastic!  Bryan got me a pretty turquoise shirt after I had Melody and it fit nice then, but I put it on this morning and I was literally tickled pink.  I had to text Bryan to tell him and everything, lol.  My plan is to lose another 12 and then go buy myself the boots I saw last weekend in Charlotte Russe as a reward.  I tried to find a picture of them on the website, but I couldn't find them.  I can describe them though.  They were a light tan, suede, high heeled, tall boot.  I haven't worn a high heeled anything in years.  I'm excited.  I WANT THOSE BOOTS!  And...in order to show them off properly... I'll have to get a pair of skinny jeans.  But not until I drop another 12 lbs.

That brings me to my tip...

Tip of the day:  Set a long range goal and many short range goals to help you achieve it.  Then when you reach a goal, reward yourself!  You worked hard for it.  You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment