Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Joyous Time!

I don't think I could be in any better mood today!  

To start...I have managed to lose the 2 lbs I gained from our anniversary dinner (which was totally worth it) and nearly another pound.  Woohoo!  That puts me at my lowest weight in years!  Shoot, I weighed more than I do now when Bryan and I got married!  I've still got a ways to go, but I'm one excited person right now! =D  Just thinking about it makes me want to hop out of my chair and do some situps.  Yeah...that's crazy isn't it?  Seeing all the hard work pay off and all of the compliments I'm getting from my husband just makes me want to try harder and put that much more effort into it.  I'm now 8.6 lbs from my next goal.  I'm pretty sure when I get to that goal I'll be able to wear these cute jeans that Bryan bought for me.  They're a dark wash ripped jean with a cute studded belt.  I can squeeze into them now, but breathing isn't really an option.  I'm afraid I'll pop the button off and that's not cool.  I want to be able to breathe.  Air is good, ya know!  I already have a cute shirt to wear with them too.  I'm gonna layer my blue tank under a gray  logo shirt I got on sale at the Annapolis Mall a couple of weeks ago.  It's either that or the white logo shirt I got on sale at the same store that has cute silver beading layered with the pink tank I got from my aunt for Christmas...decisions decisions.  Whatever...it's not that big of a deal right now.  What is a big deal though is that I can see those boots getting closer and closer.  I can almost touch them!  8.6 more lbs and they're mine!!

Another thing that's got me in a most joyful mood today is that I'm finally starting college again next week!  I'm working toward my BA in Psychology.  After I complete that I want to further it probably to PhD level and specialize in Health and Wellness.  I really want to help others overcome obstacles like the ones I've had to work through.  I also want to study to be a dietitian.   A healthy life is a good life.  Some people really need a person that's willing to work with them to help educate them on good decisions in their diet and exercise plans.  I want to be that person.  I've had a lot of help from my husband and I want to pass on things that I've learned to others that are in need of the advise and really want the help.  Right now I'm signed up for a behavioral psychology class and a writing class.  I'm excited!  *I'm going back to school, I'm going back to school*  I'm singing to myself, lol.  I always was a bit of a nerd in high school.  *Shrugs*  Oh well, I love to learn.  So sue me...

Let's see...what else is there to say.  Oh!  I know!  My daddy is coming this weekend.  Yes, I'm 26 and I still say daddy.  I'm a daddy's girl.  I can't help it.  It's just the way it is.  We're planning to grill some chickens this weekend.  I'm gonna look up a good potato salad recipe, preferably a red potato, to make.  We'll probably also have rolls and a nice salad.  Dad wanted Bryan to make him a chocolate cake, but I'll be doing that too.  Bryan won't be home this weekend.  He's got a 50K race in Lynchburg this weekend so he'll be gone Friday night.  Hopefully he's back late Saturday night.  Dad loves Bryan's baking.  We have a chocolate cake (with a chocolate buttercream frosting) recipe that is to die for.  It's a wonderfully moist chocolate cake.  I'll probably find some red or pink sprinkles to add to it just because it's so close to Valentine's day.  If it looks nice I'll take a picture and post it.  I'll finally get to use the cake stand my sister's boyfriend found for us for Christmas!  He knows how much Bryan likes to make cake...and he loves eating Bryan's cakes, lol.  We had a hard time finding a place to keep them though.  The microwave just wasn't cutting it.  When he saw the cake stand he knew it was for us.  I love that I can turn it over and use it as a punch bowl too.  It's awesome.

Guess what!  My "Library" is expanding!  Haha, that's not really a surprise though.  I love love love to read.  I don't think I can stress that enough.  I  can work my way through a good book pretty quickly.  I think in the past month Bryan (being so proud of me) let me buy myself close to 10 new books.  We may have to buy another book case soon.  I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm at Borders.  I'm waiting for another one that's due out on February 22.  Right now I'm in the middle of a series, but I'll drop that until the new book is finished.  Then I'll have to guard the book with my life.  Think I'm crazy...no.  You don't understand...my sister and my cousin will be trying to pry the book out of my hands if they don't get their own copies, lol.  We're all infatuated with this particular series.  Anyway, we've also picked up a day by day Bible for the girls.  I've been reading the stories (that are summed up chapters in an adult Bible broken down so kids can understand them) every night.  It's meant to start in January, but we just got it this past weekend so I have a month to make up.  I like that there are pictures to go with the stories to help them understand what we're reading better.






No comments:

Post a Comment