Friday, February 4, 2011

Shattered a Milestone

I didn't just make it to my next milestone.  I shattered it into tiny little pieces.  Microscopic itsy bitsy little pieces.  Booyah!  A couple of days ago I had 1.9 lbs to lose to meet my goal (2.0 lbs to break it).  Today I am 0.7 under it and still going strong.  This is a major milestone to me.  It's -10 lbs from the last one.  This milestone is a number I haven't seen since I was at least a junior in high school.  My next milestone is 9.3 lbs away.  I'm sure I'll cry when I get to that one.  (Notice...I said when, not if.  That's very important.) I know I haven't been in that range since I was a freshman.  

Today's achievement just makes me even more excited to go out tonight.  I just can't wait.  Today isn't going to go fast enough.  I started getting prepared last night.  Tweezed my eyebrows...ouch.  Picked out my clothes for tonight (I'm still deciding...heel or no heel)  and I painted my nails to match what I'm wearing today.

I think we're going with the dinner first and then the ice cream and movie.  We've had some stuff come up and had to revamp our schedule.  Ya know...now that I think about it.  Ice cream is way worse than popcorn.  Maybe I'll just get popcorn at the movies.  We'll see I suppose.

Tip of the day:  Water and vegetables are key ingredients in weight loss.  While dieting many people forget to take a multivitamin leaving them feeling very tired during the day.  That makes it easier to "fall off the wagon" and indulge.  Vegetables and water are a wonderful source of vitamins and minerals.  Remember to go for leafy greens (spinach, chard, bok choy, etc)  first and starchy veggies (like potatoes and corn) last.  Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.  Recently I've been hearing that 100 ounces is recommended.  Personally, I drink 5 16.9 ounce bottles of water a day, plus a little green tea.  You'll be amazed at what it does for your system.  Don't worry about water weight...your body only retains water when it feels like it isn't getting enough.  To see more about that check out this tip

No comments:

Post a Comment